The Conservation, Creation, and Compassionate Harvest of the Sacred Lotus is our primary goal and mission - a mission of Compassion and Peace to heal Humanity. To significantly reverse the un-compassionate living path that we are currently on. And in so doing we will heal the planet EARTH.
This mission began in the October of 2001.
It is sixteen years since this mission began. Thus far the following have been accomplished through the work of Thayanithi Kulenthran:
- A documentary on the Lotus called the “Flower of the Gods” was initiated by Thayanithi’s daughter Romila Kulenthran. It included conversations between mother and daughter. It involved travel and filming, covering thus far 6 Asian countries. It was done in partnership with Thayanithi between 2011-2012. Further work on the documentary is however on hold due to time and funding constraints.
- Presented at international forums in Vietnam, Bangladesh and Bali on the Sacred Lotus; 2003, 2004, 2005.
- Developed and conducted a village participatory dialogue to raise awareness of the need to conserve lotus ponds in two villages in Northern Vietnam, 2002. Revisited Hanoi to assess the state of lotus ponds in the city and in a rural district in Northern Vietnam, 2007 & 2011.
- Raised awareness of the need to conserve lotus ponds in the city of Hanoi, through the Hanoi People’s Committee and the Hanoi Institute of Socio-Economic Development; 2002
- Trained Colorado and Vietnamese experts, on Lotus ponds in Denver, Colorado, 2002
- 16 years with The Sacred Lotus: A Guided Walk of The Sacred Lotus; DayAnidhi Earth Garden Sanctuary, September 2017.
- Lotus Vibration Sit-ins at DayAnidhi Earth; a therapeutic and healing experience.
- Developed and conducted a class on The Sacred Lotus and Earth Consciousness, July 2013
- Created a Sacred Lotus Garden with numerous clay pots of Lotuses and a small lotus pond in the DayAnidhi Earth Garden Sanctuary, 2001-2012
- Organised and conducted five workshops and garden visits connected to the Sacred Lotus for women and children, in 2005, 2008 (2 workshops), 2010, 2012.
- Began a small movement of women growing Sacred Lotuses in their gardens, from 2006.
- Presented a talk on “Compassion for the Earth” highlighting the impact of women on the Earth today and the vibrations created by the Sacred Lotus. Talk organised by the Kuala Lumpur Circle at the Residence of the Austrian Ambassador to Malaysia, 2008
- Facilitated and organised a Lotus Garden visit of the DayAnidhi Earth Garden and demonstrated how to make a lotus wick, at DayAnidhi Earth, for an international group of women from a multi cultural society in Kuala Lumpur, 2008
- Created two lotus ponds at a goat breeding farm in Malaysia in partnership with the owners of the farm; 2008 and 2009
- Presented a talk on the Sacred Lotus organised by the Kuala Lumpur Circle (Association of the Ambassador' s Spouses in KL) at the Residence of the Austrian Ambassador to Malaysia, for World Environment Day 2007
- Organised the supply of lotus leaves for a public luncheon at the Temple of Fine Arts Malaysia, 2006
- Donated a Lotus plant from the Lotus Garden at DayAnidhi Earth to a Hindu Temple in Seremban.
- Participated and contributed towards The Save Tasik Cini Campaign; Tasik Cini is Malaysia’s naturally occurring Lotus Lake
- Presented at an international forum in Malaysia, on the Sacred Lotus; 2002,